Saturday 29 June 2013

Ali the Alien!

I really appreciate all your wonderful comments on posts - recently finding out that many of you save your short ends  - and some of you are going to start the addictive hobby!
I also relish those comments that set a challenge or get me thinking!

The fabulously creative Kate from Starfish Studio set me on a voyage to a galaxy far far away...
when she commented on the aliens made to decorate bras for my friends when they walked the moonwalk.

A smaller rounder version was created....


but she's a bit shy....


ah...that's better!


This little alien had a look around outside


...and inside...


... a crocheted sphere, some needlefelted features, fuse wire and wet felt for antennae and an (almost) invisible hanging thread...


the most unique element is the stuffing - oodles of short ends - a head full of memories of previous fun projects!


one more look around before she travelled in a recycled tomato box jiffy bag spaceship


all the way to the Scottish coast


where through the magic of the web I have seen her hanging around in Kate's workspace!

Kate has named her Ali - so I am very flattered!
She was made with 13g of stash.. if you include the stuffing!

The original aliens and their/my friends had a very memorable night raising money and awareness - they walked the walk, had fun and met lots of interesting ladies!

As a thank-you they gave me a beautiful brooch



and some amazingly delicious works of edible chocolate art!


I think the alien ideas may be here for a while...I may boldly go and hook some more!

9 comments:

crazydazy said...

Ali looks a very friendly alien.
What lovely thank you gifts....I particularly like the brooch. One question do you just needlefelt the wool directly onto th crocheted work?, a

Hilde said...

How creative, Ali, what a sweet little alien!
The thank you gifts are great, love the broch and the chocolate looks pretty and yummy :)

linda said...

Ali is lovely Ali haha, she so cute, those chocs look so yummy!

Melody said...

aliens are much cuter than i would have pictured them! I love the alien shadow on the rug photo! :))))

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

You have a very creative sweet Alien. working in wool is wonderful.. Hugs Judy

Hindustanka said...

Ali is cute! She has a pretty smile :)

Starfish Studio said...

Ali (the alien) is glowing with pride right now :)
She's hanging here above my laptop and I think she blushed a little when she saw just how famous she has become.
I love her Ali (the human). Thank you so much for sending her to me. I wonder whether she'll develop an Aberdeenshire accent or will she be a Brummie for ever...

Willow said...

This is such fun ... I WILL be getting my crochet hooks back out soon!

Ashley said...

No he's too adorable!! I just love his little antennae!

You've finished lots of fun projects since I was last on here! :D